Kraamzorg Mama en Baby is a multicultural and growing maternity care organization with experienced employees. We aim to send you the same maternity nurse in your maternity period and lift the quality of maternity care to the highest level.
We are in ownership of the WHO/Unicef certification care for breastfeeding. This means we work according the 10 rules of thumb to guarantee successful breastfeeding:
- That we own a breastfeeding policy in writing, that is noted standardly to all employees.
- That all involved employees learn the necessary capabilities to execute the policy.
- That all pregnant women will be informed about the advantages and the practice of breastfeeding.
- That mothers are assisted by maternity nurses within an hour after labour.
- That it will be explained how to properly latch-on the new-born and how to keep up the milk production.
- That new-borns aren’t allowed to get other forms of fluid than breastfeeding, unless it’s based on medical conditions.
- That the mother and child can stay at one room on a day and night base.
- That breastfeeding can be pursued on request.
- That new-borns who are breastfed are not given pacifiers.
- That we maintain contacts with other institutions and discipline about guidance of breastfeeding and that we refer parents to breastfeeding organizations.
In addition we are an accredited training company by SBB for maternity nurses.